Monday, April 24, 2006

Maybe next time, Dagny

So I tabulated the votes and the dusty rose won out over the blue. Sorry, Dagny. (No, I am not talking to myself. I am talking to Sillypants's daughter.) I paid for the rush delivery because I really need to start showing up to SnB and soon. Isn't it pretty?



Since this will eventually be a cardigan, I will be sure to post photos as the it develops. I'm using this cool Debbie Bliss pattern. I just love her books.

In other news, I received a phone call on Thursday night from some boy. I think I met him around three weeks ago. I have this thing about boys and phone calls. If they cannot call me within two weeks of our meeting, then I just can't remember them. The way I figure it is if he can't pick up the phone within that two week window then either (1) he wasn't that interested, or (2) he's too busy for me. Then again maybe I will call since he's a bit persistent -- called again on Saturday night.

And now I am officially the worst daughter ever. I was supposed to take my mother to the airport on Sunday. Notice my use of the word "supposed." Well, I overslept because I am so not a morning person. My mother knows this. OK, and I did go out on Saturday night. I should have known that things were going to go downhill quickly after I had that shot of Jameson's. (Well, I had to have the shot because the guy who was paying for it just didn't believe that a girl could handle Jameson's.) I would have been OK but then I ran into this guy who I met on St. Patty's Day and his friends. Their drink of choice was Surfer on Acid. The guy and his girlfriend literally live around the corner from me. By the time I made it home, it was 4:30. I was supposed to be at my mother's house at 7:30. I guess I should just went with the guy and his friend to the friend's house to watch Back to the Future II -- yes, this was at 4:30 a.m. Yes, my mother is majorly pissed off with me. I kind of care, but then I remember how she booked her flight without consulting me. She just assumed that I would be able to take her to the airport. She ended up taking an airport shuttle and had to pay $60. A part of me thought, "Serves her right. I mean gas is 3 something a gallon and she was not offering to pay for my gas. At best she would have paid the bridge toll." I also think it is so wrong to make someone take you to the airport at that hour. I never would have done that to her. I guess it's like my aunt was telling me this past week. "Mothers are put on this earth to torture you."

I almost forgot. Happy birthday to Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment