Sunday, September 28, 2008

Proof

Last night I ended up calling my cousin. She's always been like an older sister to me. I told her about the problem with the sucky friend. The first thing out of her mouth was, "Does she have kids?" I told my cousin that was bullshit. Having kids should not instantly give one a "Get out of jail free" card as far as friendship is concerned.

I don't always check my mail when I get home in the evenings. If it's dark and my hands are full, I figure I can just grab it in the morning on my way out. For this reason, I did not see the card until I headed out on Saturday morning. The card that said, "Thank you for being my friend."

The card served as a reminder that not all women who are married and have kids suck as friends. And so to this friend, I would like to say thank you for the reminder. And thank you for being the friend that I need, I want and I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment