Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pretending that it's still summer


Pan-seared mahi-mahi with oranges and olives


It was easy to do it yesterday since, once the fog cleared, it was actually a pretty warm day.

Mahi-mahi is one of my favorite fish. I can almost never pass up a recipe that features it. Plus I was curious about the combination of olives and oranges. And somehow they worked well together. Maybe it was the shallots and the saffron. Oh, and have I mentioned that if you ask the cashiers at Berkeley Bowl for saffron that they have a secret stash at the register? A whole half gram. For what seems like pennies. When I ask for it, I feel like I'm making a major deal.

Pssst. You have any saffron in?
You do? I'm going to need a half gram.
Really?
You take checks?
Sweet.
When's the next shipment coming in?
I'll be back.

Now I have another way to prepare mahi-mahi next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment