Friday, May 27, 2005

A Day Off

So I finally have a day off. I had all these great plans. Then I woke up and saw that it was overcast and dreary. Why does this always happen? All week it's been sunny and warm. Why can't it be this way when I'm not trapped at work? So unfair.

I needed to head to the library because they were holding a couple of books for me. I finally came to my senses and realized that there is no need for me to spend money that really should be spent on cocktails on the latest in chick lit.

Actually the money should be spent on buying snazzy outfits to wear while sipping cocktails. I have issues about paying for cocktails. Which of course makes think of the wonderful folks at Jeremy's. I made the mistake of signing up for the email list. Now they taunt me with things like a Christian Dior gown that retailed for $6,975, was marked down to $1,498 and now is on sale for $902. OK. I'm not really that wild about the dress. It's just the idea of a major sale.


I wasn't going to post a picture of the dress, but then I realized that some might actually want to see it.

Back to my lazy day. I kept trying to get motivated to go pick up the books at the library but then I was sucked in by cable tv. First it was Queer Eye and Perry Mason. I was trying to decide what to watch next when I heard a strange sound coming from the kitchen. I went into the kitchen and was greeted by the site of nasty looking water standing in the sink. It got worse. My neighbor turned on her garbage disposal and more of the nasty water started coming into my sink. It was about to overflow so I countered by turning on my disposal. Finally we both turned the disposals off at the same time. I promptly went over to her apartment. (Well not too prompt. I did have to change out of my pj's into some respectable clothing.) We had a chat about the water. Apparently on her side the water had indeed gone over the top of the sink. I called maintenance. They are supposed to be coming sometime this afternoon.

Luckily the maintenance guy was at lunch when I called and would be for another half hour. That gave me just enough time to run to the library to pick up my chick lit. I mean if I'm going to be stuck here waiting for maintenance, I am going to need more entertainment than the internet and cable tv.

The walk, per usual, was quite entertaining. I must remember to carry a camera with me at all times. On my way to the library, I passed by Body Time. There was a garbage truck parked across the crosswalk in front of the store and two guys, who looked like they belonged with the truck, busy smelling samples of lotions and oils inside the store. I sooo wish I had had a camera.

What makes this all worse? The minute I get home with my books, the sun decides that it really does want to make an appearance today. Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment