Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Love is

Note: If you're squeamish, you might not want to continue reading.

Tonight I discovered that love is owning a long-haired cat.

I was sitting at the computer when Boris started acting strange. Well, more strange than usual. It took me a few seconds before I realized that he was wiping his ass on the carpet! I quickly ran to the kitchen to grab the bottle of Nature's Miracle. That stuff, along with Clorox Clean-Up with Bleach, has become my best friend. Unfortunately.

Everything was cool but then I noticed that Boris had a dingleberry. There was a great deal of chasing and fighting involved. And there was a lot of me yelling, "But you have poop stuck on your ass!" In the end, I managed to cut it free. (I mistakenly thought at first that I'd be able to wipe it off with a tissue. Nope.) And then I disinfected everything.

I realized that this must be love because I was not grossed out. May I never have to do it again. Anytime soon.

Oh, and for something totally unrelated, I had to add this site to my feed reader tonight. Since that seems to be a major part of my dating demographic these days. Aside from the guys who are ten or more years older than I am. And maybe one day, I'll work up the nerve to sign up for Crazy Blind Date. But for now, I'll content myself with OKCupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment