Sunday, December 25, 2005

Seasons greetings!

I finally got around to my holiday baking on Saturday afternoon. Now, about 12 hours later, I am finally finishing up.



There is something about my use of the oven that draws the kittens to the kitchen. I have learned to leave the oven light on for them so that they do not burn their paws on the door.



Natasha had been napping but she was awakened by the sound of the camera when I took Boris's picture.



The main thing that I have to bake each year are teacakes using my grandmother's recipe. I realized as I was taking the dough out of the refrigerator that I had only put in half the amount of baking powder that is required. I guess that's what happens when you try to rely on your memory. And no, I had not had anything to drink prior to mixing the dough. My relatives won't care though. It's been two years since I have baked for Christmas. They will just be thrilled that I actually baked.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanakuh, a belated Happy Yule, and Happy Kwanzaa. (If I have forgotten a celebration that falls around this time of year, please let me know so that I can add it to my list in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment