Monday, November 12, 2007

The San Francisco treat

Or as I also like to think of it, yet another way to torture cats.

But before I got to the main event, I'd like to throw something else out there. After reading Kelly's comment to this weekend's post, I'd like to add the acoustic version of "Georgy Porgy" to the list. Now back to the main event.


It all started with a post from Zoomie. I was intrigued. What should I do with King crab legs? And then, while sitting at work last week, the answer came to me. I would try out a new recipe with an ingredient that was new to me as well. Why not? It wouldn't be the first time I had been so adventurous. Besides, I'm pretty comfortable with cooking with seafood these days.


Cioppino.


Somehow growing up in the Bay area, I had never once sampled cioppino. I know that when I was a kid, my dad would often order the dish when we went to Scoma's. (There was a time when we used to go there at least once a month. I don't think I have been back there since my teens though. I really should get back there one day.) I think I had issues with a dish that required that you wear a bib. I mean is there any outfit that goes with a plastic bib? I think not.

The verdict? I love cioppino. And it takes much less time to make than gumbo does. Yet another recipe to add to the arsenal.

Oh, and if you should find yourself in the Berkeley area tonight, drop on by. I have plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment