Thursday, November 8, 2007

Second time around

Crap! Now I have that song stuck in my head.


Jasmine rice, samosa, saag paneer, and butter chicken.


I always love making a new recipe another time. That way I can work out the kinks. Like this time I increased the spinach and decreased the onion in the saag paneer. And the butter chicken? Well, I looked at some recipes online after making it that first time. The majority of recipes call for boneless meat. But we all know that bones add flavor. So this time I trimmed most of the meat off the bone but then threw the bones in the pot along with the meat. When it was done, I removed the bones. This would be after I skimmed off the 1/4 inch or so of fat floating on top of the dish. I think I forgot to mention that last time. Because yes, there will be a pool of fat floating on top. Ewwww! Bottom line is now I don't have any bones with which to deal this time around. Oh. And I didn't make the samosa. It came from the KP Deli. And I bought a few. Because I like to have them for breakfast with my tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment