Monday, February 6, 2006

Tequila is evil

I awoke Saturday morning feeling a bit disoriented. Let me tell you I was quite relieved after a couple of minutes to realize that I was safely in my own bed. Then again perhaps it means that I have been falling asleep in front of the TV too much that I did not even recognize my own room.





I love my bar. I met some interesting boys of course. The best was the guy who was in town for this. We met because this married woman thought that we would be perfect together. We would be but he lives in Portland. He sat at the bar and crafted a napkin into a rose. Then he said that I was so pretty that I deserved a dozen roses. So he made eleven more. Somehow the cats have not managed to claw them to pieces. Oh, and the cats loved him as well.

I just have to thank Biker Chick once more for giving me cute hair. And thank you fruit juice for a speedy recovery. Because I had places to go.

Saturday was Gertrude's 40th birthday party. It was lots of fun seeing people I hadn't seen in years. After several glasses of wine and some tequila, the party was over and it was time to leave. (OK. So Gertrude's husband told me that I had to leave because he thinks I'm a sellout for dreaming of being a lady who lunches.) It was early so of course it meant returning to my bar.

Rose Guy stopped in after his performance but quickly left. He realized after one drink that he was rather tired and should be getting sleep because they were leaving early in the morning. After that was mostly a blur. Apparently I befriended this musician because I found him asleep in my living room Sunday morning. And why do people bother telling me their names after I have been drinking? Like I will remember. I kept waiting for him to say that he was leaving. In fact I was sure that when I turned on the TV and switched to AMC for Say Anything that he would leave. He had never seen the movie and so decided to stick around. He finally left around 8:30 this morning. Obviously I am no longer the person to ask about getting rid of people. Besides the cats seemed to like him. No paper roses though. Just a promise of dinner.

I'm starting to think that perhaps it is time for me to return to working fulltime before I get into too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment