Saturday, June 30, 2007

Something light for the ladies

Your Beauty Element is Earth

You are the epitome of a natural beauty. Your look is definitely effortless.
And while you shy away from a lot of make-up and accessories, you're no granola girl either!


Around now the old me would be spewing ugly things about the boy. Thankfully, I am the new me. Because I just found out last night that he was in a car accident this week. I'll admit that I did start saying to myself, "All of his fingers must be broken. Right?" And then I heard about the accident and I felt really bad for my previous thoughts.

Last week when Fluffycat showed up to my party, she asked about the boy since I had refused to post about him. I told her the truth. We had a falling out around Memorial Day, his birthday. He has ideas about exclusivity but doesn't want a girlfriend. I told him how it would be. A week later he told me that he wanted to talk. My response? "Has your opinion changed in any way since we last talked? No? Then there's nothing more to say." Basically when he told me about the non-girlfriend thing, I countered with that it was all good with me -- as long as he realized that I would be seeing guys other than him. Because a partygirl has needs. Like non-stop adoration. This apparently led to the second, and then third, conversation. Apparently he has issues with sharing. Whatever. Get over it. And seeing as this all started around his birthday, it was at this time that I discovered my mistake. He was not 28, going on 29. Nooooo. He is now 27 as of his birthday. What's 14 years? Age is nothing but a number. And by my quiz last weekend, I am around his age anyway.

Maybe this is some more of my wishful thinking at play. I want things to work out because he is intelligent and hot. But I'm, once more, not too into the idea of marriage. Commitment, yes. Marriage, no. Because I'm not that good at compromise -- at least not in the realm of relationships. I like the idea of being able to come and go as I please. My married friends have told me that this is not the case in their lives. Ummm. Don't think I can do that. I have come to enjoy my independence a little too much. I can't imagine answering to anyone else for my actions. Well, I could. My response would be, "Fuck you and feed you beans!"

Oh! This was supposed to be light-hearted and shit. OK. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment