Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Suicide attempt survivor

So I know that I have been promising photos of the birthday loot but I am starting to look like a suicide attempt survivior. (My friend, Megan, who is an owner of two cats taught me this over the weekend.) See the problem is that Natasha is severely jealous of the time I spend with my computer. Last night while checking email I ended up with a claw firmly attached into my collarbone. (This was after our bouts in the kitchen when she left marks on my knees that are still visible now. Oh, and did I mention that my knees were not exposed at the time? Gloria, I do not think that you would survive a cat.)

So out of the birthday loot, only two gifts are photo worthy -- the ones from my parents. Then again, the season is young. There are many more gifts to acquire yet. (For the record this last part took almost five minutes to type because a few words in, I suddenly discovered cat claws in the sole of my foot. Thank goodness I have not had any children. Contrary to popular belief, I would be a horrendous mother.) The only relatives who have given me presents to date are my parents. My family and my neighbor say that I am obviously a princess but we all know that I am really an empress.

Oh, and before I head off to sleep (if that is possible with the other creature who is vying for royalty status), I attended my first night of my Arabic class tonight. I think this just might be fun.

OK. So the Russian parent from work thought that I was completely insane for taking Arabic. She thought that Russian was a much more sane choice. And did she have to rub in the fact that she just got back from Italy?

No comments:

Post a Comment