Sunday, November 13, 2005

Return of the partygirl

So I didn't make it out on Friday night. The kittens tricked me into taking a nap instead. They have a way of doing that.

I did make it out on Saturday night though. I really had no choice as I had already paid for the tickets. I went with the girls to see a comedy show -- D.L. Hughley to be exact. Of course the girls have little ones at home so that meant that we went to the first show. I was home by 11 and that was entirely too early to call it a night. Besides I had on one of my favorite skirts. I realized over the weekend that there are clothing items that I miss because they are just not appropriate to wear to work.

When I put on the skirt, I thought about my aunt in Savannah. She always asks, "And why are you wearing that?" whenever I make these kind of fashion choices. The corect answer is, "Because I can."

One of my friends had parked at my place and was heading home. I asked her to drop me off at my fave bar on her way home. She decided to come in and then proceeded to complain. Her taste tends to be rather ghetto fab and she hates anything that takes her out of her element. Surprisingly she got into when I explained that even if it isn't your scene, you can always find some form of entertainment somehow. Even if it's just making fun of everyone else's outfits. She actually stayed past last call.

I ended up meeting a visiting Belgian firefighter. Unfortunately he goes home on Thursday. He emailed but of course I was still asleep. Perhaps I'll seem him later. Then again the kittens are saying that today could be another good day for a nap or two and there is a Gilmore Girls marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment