Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Reality rears its ugly head

So last night was The Bachelor. Tonight was American Idol and Queer Eye. Tomorrow will be Project Runway. Reality TV has taken over my life.

I love the first few episodes of Idol. It's all about the auditions. My fave tonight was the Ukranian chick who was hoping to make it onto the show so she could stay in the U.S. If she had had a better voice, I would have told her to try out for the chorus in some Broadway show. But she wasn't that good. Her dance moves did remind me of something though. All I can say is that the judges were damn lucky there wasn't a pole in the middle of the floor.

I so love Queer Eye. I had a coworker read Jen's post on Jeeves earlier today. He was not familiar with Jeeves. When I described Jeeves to him, he said, "Oh. It's like having a crew of the Queer Eye guys around." I told him, "Yes, but all rolled into one person." Anyway to tonight's Queer Eye. The guys with a bunch of naked lodge members? Classic.

I am indulging in all this stuff while I am waiting around for the start of my true reality faves -- The Amazing Race and Big Brother. Jade told me earlier this week that Amazing Race is having auditions in this area. She would ask me to audition with her if it wasn't for the fact that I will be starting the new job soon. Then again I am tempted to say, "Screw the new job." I mean it's a chance to see the world and to possibly win half a million dollars. I think I will have to ponder this.

No comments:

Post a Comment