Monday, June 12, 2006

Listening to music can be hazardous to your health

Sunday night I sat around recounting my weekend in my mind. Then I looked down and noticed a huge bleeding scratch acrss the back of my left hand. (This was around the same time that I noticed that my right thigh was bleeding.) I was ready to blame the cats for my first injury. (Not the second because I knew exactly when that happened.) Then after about a half hour or so the headphones slipped off my head and I reached to catch them. The rail from the keyboard tray caught me in almost the same spot on my left hand. That's when I knew the cats were innocent. I also was reminded about my true song. In my heart I always want to go with the romantic stuff but I know it's a lie. At worst I always wish it to be this.

I swear that Friday was one of the slowest days ever. By 2:30 I was ready to go home but my conscience overruled me. Not like anyone would have noticed. And I had important things to do -- like dying my hair. (My hair is my one vanity. I will probably never get botox or any surgery but deny me my Clairol? That is just too painful a thought.) Oh and there was some daytime TV calling my name as well because I was not really in the mood to knit nor was I really into my latest reading material. Fortunately the book started to pick up over the weekend.

Saturday was a butt-numbing day. Those women can be so mean. I mean one bathroom breaks in six hours? Just cruel I tell you. It wouldn't be so bad if the chairs were more comfortable. Fortunately my back did not hurt as much as usual. I always feel that cute hair always deserves a night out on the town no matter how tired you might feel. Knowing that neither my bartender nor my bar friend would be present did not help with my laziness. *sigh* Only four more weeks to go. So Saturday I ended up staying in.

Sunday I ws suppose to go to visit my aunt. This was per my dad's request -- because he and his wife are too busy jetting all over the country to visit her. Oops. There I go on that rant again. OK. Just one last jab. My mother said last week that my stepmother is not interested in anything that is not about her. Pretty true. Now, where was I? Oh yeah. Aunt. She had her second round of chemo last week. This one kind of knocked her on her butt. I was going to take her a care package but I just couldn't find the energy what with the dismal weather. Besides this was the bitch who talked about me like a dog a few years ago. This weekend I was not really feeling like being the bigger person.

It's a good thing that I rested up. I got a call from my bar friend, Cindy. Her ride home from the airport had flaked as well. The thing is that she was flying on a buddy pass so that meant she was low priority standby. She finally got in around 11 and was highly greatful. She was also very hungry. There are very few drive-throughs open at 11:30 so we went to Jack in the Crack. It's fun torturing the cats with fastfood. Oh, and tonight I have to head out with Cindy so that she can thank me for the ride. Can't you see her twisting my arm?

No comments:

Post a Comment