Monday, January 15, 2007

Dealing with an idiot

Sports Guy decided to call me yet once more last night. He had the audacity to say that he had spent the previous day trying to think of ways that he could be supportive during this tough time for me. Huh? WTF???

Fortunately I was well-rested by the time I received this phone call. I told him for starters he might start by not calling when I am asleep. His response? "Did I do that?" Ummm, yeah. I reminded him of the three phone calls on Friday and that I had specifically said in the first conversation that I had been asleep and would be going back to sleep. I told him by the third phone call -- the one I let go to voicemail -- I was livid. He apologized and said that he could understand my feeling. I told him it was a shitty thing to do.

I then mentioned the two phone calls on Saturday that basically consisted of him repeatedly saying, "I don't like it when you're not around." I told him that I found these statements to be extremely selfish.

His next statement? "How can I make it up to you?" He suggested picking up some take-out and bringing it over or taking me out to dinner. I told him that I had plans for the evening -- a lie -- and that I had to get going. I did say "good bye" but I believe he may have still been speaking when I hung up the phone.

My aunts were questioning whether I wanted to give him another chance. My way of thinking has always been that people show their true colors at stressful times. I am very good at taking care of other people at these times. However, I cannot tolerate a person whom I barely know demanding that I take care of him as well. Sorry, but that little bit of energy I have left is for me.

So last night, I had a glass of red wine, curled up with the cats, watched some TV, and did a little knitting. Mentally I feel much better today. Now if I could only get rid of this cold that seems to be starting.

2 comments:

  1. "However, I cannot tolerate a person whom I barely know demanding that I take care of him as well."

    Rats. How about if I ask nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Katie's kind of evening. However, with Jack on screen last night, I doubt she could focus on knitting. Have to wait for some other show to come on for that. Heh.

    Sorry about the troubles. Hope it all works out. And, no, you don't have to take care of me. Promise.

    ReplyDelete