Saturday, September 1, 2007

A change of scenery

I think that watching Dumb and Dumber may have been the best thing for me. Already after two nights, I am feeling more like my old self. Maybe it's the lack of cable TV. Maybe it's the tea and cookies. While going through cupboards before leaving home, I discovered an unopened package of Pepperidge Farm cookies. Veronas to be exact.

And fortunately it has cooled down some, but not too much. It's still warm enough that I can sit in the backyard sipping on juice or tea, reading, and smoking cigs. All this while the dogs frolic and occasionally stop by to lick my toes.

The phone interview went OK. I should hear back by the middle of next week. One of my goals this weekend is to get more resumes out. Because I need to be working in the next couple of weeks. Oh, why didn't I take that other job last March? Oh well. Hindsight as they say.

And hey! It's Saturday. I think we all deserve a quiz or two this week. This first one is brought to you courtesy of my new obsession with my toes.

You are Flat Sandals

Casual yet flirty
You look great in a simple top and jeans
Your look is approachable and cute!


And this one? Well, I just couldn't resist it.

You Are a Carousel

You are young at heart and a truly playful person. No one would ever accuse you of taking life too seriously.
You are definitely in things for the fun. You find joy easily, and you are often building up anticipation for your next adventure.
In relationships, you tend to want to be babied and taken care of.
And while you may be a bit high maintenance, you are incredibly loyal.

Your life is simple and satisfying. Each day you treat yourself to something you enjoy.
You have a lot of emotional attachments, and experiences are extra vivid to you.
You tend to be nostalgic and sentimental. The past is important to you.
Comfortable around all living things, you have a special connection to animals and children.

At your best, you are whimsical, free spirited, and creative.
Even if your schemes seem a bit strange, they usually work out wonderfully.
At your worst, you are spoiled, demanding, and impossible to satisfy.
You've been known to act like a brat if you aren't getting your way!


Now I think I know what the issue has been over this past week -- everyone else's need for seriousness. So now I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend trying to remember who I really am. I was just thinking that if it was raining, I'd go outside and jump in some puddles. But it isn't. Perhaps a run through the sprinklers...

Have a safe and fun holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment