Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The return of bacon



Last summer was the salmon with bacon. It was good but I actually prefer trout to salmon. Go figure. And I absolutely love the Pan-Fried Trout with Bacon. I could marry it. Next time I might try substituting shallots for the green onions though.

And there was a salad on the side. If it's just me, then the salad is always on the side. My dressing of choice this summer is raspberry balsamic, walnut oil, dijon mustard and tarragon. That's it. Nothing more. It's gotten so that I keep a small of it in the fridge.

Now this isn't what I had planned to post tonight. I was supposed to be having the mahi-mahi but it had finished defrosting in the fridge. Good thing that I broke down and got the trout (and bacon) while I was in Berkeley Bowl tonight. (The reason for the shopping trip is a dish that is still cooking as I type this.) Yep. Someone meant for me to have the trout tonight. And to whomever that may be, I say, "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment