Thursday, July 7, 2005

The best laid plans

So I thought that when I had Natasha's claws trimmed that it would signal the start of my ability to return to the internet. I was a fool. It seems that she is no longer fascinated by my typing; the true fascination lies in watching the screen. (She is currently perched on my desk watching my typed text appear on screen.) Bottom line is that typing can be ok but trying to read someone else's blog while a kitten's body is stretched across the center of the monitor can be rather difficult. If things were not so insane at work, I'd be able to take care of my reading at lunch -- which occured around 3:00 today.

Today my boss asked me once more if I would be interested in doing her job. Since her dad's stroke a couple of weeks back or so, she has decided that I could do her job quite well. My friend, Yvonne, seems to think that I should not think about what I like to do but instead think about the paycheck at the end of the day. My boss was completing her new benefits paperwork today. She showed it to me to see if she had completed it correctly. There was a section marked "Employer Only" that she had completed that showed salary information. I told her that she didn't need to complete that section. What I learned is that her base salary is about the same as mine after bonuses. Makes one ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment