Monday, July 25, 2005

I need a drink

I, like a fool, took a couple of days off from work last week. Why? Because my dad had planned a reunion for his side of the family this past weekend. Unfortunately the reunion was in Sacramento -- boring!

Needless to say that after a few days with family, I think that I might be set for oh about a couple of years or so. I am seriously thinking about not attending the next reunion. Of course I say this every time and then turn around and waste precious vacation time with people who I don't like that much.

First there's my uncle's wife. She's Pentacostal. One of the first things she said to me upon my arrival was, "You're reading Harry Potter? How can you? That stuff is evil." *sigh*


Then there is my cousin who has the three most misbehaved children I have ever met. If only they'd let me discipline the kids...

I would go into more but it's easier to leave it with this final thought. I was never much into soap operas growing up. Why? Because the stuff that happens in my family could rival most soap opera plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment