Friday, September 30, 2005

Can't we all get along?

Boris had his first visit to the vet today. It went perfectly. He does not have to be weighed in the carrier because he is perfectly willing to stand still on the scale. He had two shots without a single sound. Maybe it's a male thing.

The vet's office I use is inside of PetSmart and the vet was running late. That meant loads of shopping time. I first went to get the bucket of kitty litter because with two cats I now realize that I will have to buy the stuff in bulk. Then I saw the tree. I figured the kids needed a climbing toy -- they like to climb on my stuff so much. I am also giving the LitterLocker a try because, hey, it was on sale. Oh, and they had Natasha's favorite canned food on sale. Then I picked up The Bubbler. It's a water bowl that has a pump for aeration. Natasha loves it as much as kids love a fountain on a hot day. By the time she finished, half the water was on the kitchen floor. (Sorry but no photo. I didn't think about it until it was too late.)

After spending so much on the kids, I felt the need to stop at the grocery store. I wasn't going to buy the crack cheese but I figured that I deserved it because (1) I had spent so much on the kittens and (2) I had had such a crappy week at work this week. Actually work wasn't completely crappy. I did have the one parent conference during which the mom cried tears of joy because her son had shown so much improvement. As long as I remember that, then I think I can continue working there. Let me just put it this way. I was so stressed out and hating my job by Thursday that I was starting to weigh the alternatives.

After getting home with all my purchases, and Boris, I decided that it was time that the kittens finally spent some time together. Natasha still likes to hiss at Boris occasionally but except for that one swat on the head, she hasn't done anything to him. In fact the three of us curled up for a nap this afternoon while watching Desperately Seeking Susan. There is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment