Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Retirement is good

OK. So I'm not retired. My college roommate reminded me of that when she called earlier today. No, I am merely taking a sabbatical.

I spoke with the principal from the school yesterday. She is sure that she can get everything straightened out with HR and still wants to hire -- if not for this position, then for whatever is open at the time. The thing is she thinks the whole process will take time.

That's OK by me. Yesterday when I was in the tutoring center, I asked if someone else could cover my hour today. One of the other teachers stepped up. My buddy asked, "Why do you want off? Are we starting to interfere with your partying?"
Frankly, yes, this whole work thing is starting to interfere with my partygirl lifestyle. (I guess I should take "former partygirl" out of my profile.) I'm not in my 20s so I can no longer hang with going out every night of the week. Instead I'm thinking every other night.

Last night I told Gertrude how much I was enjoying not working. She said, "Yeah, it's nice as long as you have money." I do have money. Just got the check from my 401(k) today. If I had had the phone turned on yesterday, I could have had it then. (By the way, have you ever tried typing with a cat sitting on your arm?) As a surprise, I opened my mailbox yesterday and discovered yet another check. I had forgotten that I had earned my year-end bonus at the center -- slightly over $2,000. I figure as long as I start working again sometime in March, I'll be OK. Heck. I might even be able to hold out until April.

Now there's only one thing left to do -- set up the party schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment