Friday, February 10, 2006

Standing on the edge of the world

I know that folks are starting to wonder if I have fallen off the face of the Earth. I have not I assure you.



Last week I decided to knit a hat. Right as I finished it and was ready to sew the seam, the weather changed. It has been a lovely 70-75 all this week. Sit in front of a computer? Nah. Definitely time to head out.

Speaking of heading out. The Musician (aka the boy who wouldn't leave) called on Monday night. We stayed on the phone until 5 a.m. or so. The conversation ended with an agreement of dinner on Tuesday night. Indian food and then to Cesar for wine because the wine selection at the Indian restaurant was basically non-existent.

He showed up again yesterday because we were supposed to go to a movie. Ended up eating the leftover Indian. Perhaps a movie today.

I finished reading The Mermaid Chair. I loved The Secret Life of Bees. So much so that I am worried about the movie. Dakota Fanning as Lily? We'll see.



Took Boris for a pedicure yesterday. He was highly miffed. He can no longer climb the curtains and has been crying about it all day. Cried himself to sleep. Natasha's turn tomorrow.

Ran around collecting things for my mother. I get these emails periodically. "A friend of mine is traveling to Mexico soon and theses are the things that I desperately need. Please go out and get them and deliver them to my friend before his/her departure." I've gotten the items. Now I just have to head over to Mill Valley. Of course the weather has been so great, I think I just might be overdue for a trip to Marin County.

Got a lead on another teaching position. Thing is that they would probably want me to start next week. *sigh* So much for the sabbatical.

No comments:

Post a Comment