Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back to regular programming ... sort of

The last time I did individual therapy, right after that last suicide attempt, my therapist made me read this book and do the exercises in it. For years I have struggled to remember the name of the book but today I decided to do a search on Amazon and found it instantly. With all that has been going on, I figure that it can't hurt to give it another read so I ordered it -- along with some knitting books. From what I remember, the book is all about how women are trained to be caretakers and along the way we forget to take care of ourselves. This is turn leads to self-esteem issues. So it's all about taking care of one's self. And learning to better handle one's various emotional triggers.

And I needed books. And knitting stuff. Because starting tomorrow evening, I will be dogsitting Dumb and Dumber for the weekend. This means no cable TV. So I'll be loading up on DVDs and books for the weekend. And some knitting.

There has also been some food around here this week.


Chicken casserole.


Marcia is always recommending casseroles. This was inspired by the one they make at Poulet. It has farfalle, diced chicken breast, peas, sauteed mushrooms, and a parmesan bechemel sauce.


This is what happens when you're not patient. Note the broken crust. I would have put the missing pieces back but they hit the floor.


When I went grocery shopping on Sunday, I got really excited over the berries. I thought to myself, "I should make a tart to take to work." But after making the casserole -- and cleaning and doing laundry -- I just didn't have the energy to make the tart. Monday was tutoring night so I didn't get in until 9:30. Last night? Well, y'all know I was pretty fried last night. It had to be tonight. But then I got impatient and took it out of the pan before it had cooled enough. And it broke. *sigh* I'm usually so patient. But I know it tastes good. So they'll probably eat it anyway.

So through all the craziness, I managed to cook some food. I had a pretty kickass day at work today. Oh yeah, and I'm inspired to knit once more. And that tells me that all is not lost yet. That and the fact that I can still laugh. Because believe me when I say that when you have lost the ability to laugh and joke? Well, you might as well just check yourself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment