Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A few of my favorite things

This is the first post I wrote this past weekend. See how happy I seemed? What is the lesson learned? When one needs a relaxing weekend, one should not answer phone calls from family members. That's what voicemail is for.


Imagine my surprise on Thursday when I came into work toting the tart only to discover that one of the guys had brought in pupusas for the office. I haven't had a pupusa in many years. Now I'm asking myself why this is the case. It was the perfect breakfast.


Part of the fun of watching Dumb and Dumber is this fascinating little thing. I've never seen a corkscrew like this one. Knowing Marin, it's something that has been in her family for some time. Her family has been in California for a number of generations.


Another thing I like about my weekends with Dumb and Dumber is the proximity of KC's Bar-BQ. Boris and Natasha are a bit fascinated with barbecue. The smell of it drives Dumb and Dumber into a near frenzy. And no, I do not share.

Imagine a photo of the lemon tree in Marin's backyard here. Most of the weekend, there was crappy weather. So no lemonade. And no photo.

Nothing says joy like the ability to go and grab some lemons to make a pitcher of lemonade. Now if only the weather could be warmer -- like it was a week ago.

And the next post should be completely fresh material. Ya know. Something that hasn't been marinating for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment