Thursday, May 15, 2008

Serendipity



That's right -- two meals. The first photo is of lunch; the second is dinner. Because this "fat pig" is thinking, "Well hell. That Whitney gained weight on purpose and now she's the new winner of ANTM." And I think that we should all enjoy a meal or two and then tell ourselves how fabulous we are.

Maybe it was finally making that appointment at Thrive. Maybe it was having that fantabulous food yesterday. All I know is that my appetite is back. And last night I had my first normal night of sleep in a long time.

Originally this post was all going to be about the fabulosity of Gallardo's. I blame my coworker. She introduced me to them recently. I still haven't recovered from the fact that they make machaca burritos. I haven't had one of those since I left San Diego. Today's sweltering heat -- Bay Area standards -- did not call for a burrito though. And so I asked my coworker for recommendations. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself. I thought of the place because her husband had dropped off an order of chilaquiles for her. And it looked and smelled so good. So I went for the #12 -- chicken enchilada and chile relleno. It's a good thing that they're not in my neighborhood. Otherwise, I would be living at the place.

On my way home, I ended up in a conversation with one of my mother's younger sisters about the primaries and whatnot. I was so deep into the conversation that I drove on autopilot. Next thing you know, I was pulling into a primo parking space near my building. And then I remembered that I was supposed to stop for cigarettes on the way home. I weighed my options and decided to keep the parking space. And after feeding the cats, I headed out on foot.

Now, I have a couple of choices for purchasing cigarettes -- one being much less expensive than the other. But I decided to go to the more expensive place because (a) they were closer, and (b) the walk is a bit more interesting. And as I walked past Poulet, I suddenly remembered that I wanted to try their Thursday special for this month. But I needed cigarettes. So after acquiring said cigarettes at the smoke shop -- because Andronico's stopped carrying tobacco products sometime in the last year -- I headed back to Poulet. And then a little voice told me to get a bottle of wine. (I don't think I've mentioned this before. Besides getting wonderful takeaway food, Poulet also offers up bottles of wine.) I was almost home with my bottle of wine and my dinner when a friend yelled from her car. She had just been to my apartment looking for me. So I waited while she parked and then we enjoyed the wine. (See? The little voice knew right.) And I had a yummy dinner after.

Oh, and for those of you who might be still looking for a hotel room for BlogHer, drop me a line. Because that one salesperson did hook me up with her friend who is a manager at another chain. And we chatted today. By sometime next week I should know the rate. Which I'll probably find out over a nice lunch. Yep. If it wasn't for all these sick people, life would be good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment