Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baybeeee!!!



Every other Friday, I go to get my 'do done. This is because I wear my hair pressed instead of chemically relaxed. A few years ago I came to the realization that my hair can only handle one chemical at a time. Kind of like the rest of me. And there was no way in hell I was going to give up my Clairol. When my hair gets longer, I just may give up on the pressing as well. Every now and then my hairdresser says, "You have such a nice wave pattern in your hair. We could do things with that." But my natural hair right now is a bit too short.

Oh yeah. I was going somewhere with this. Let me introduce you to the most recent member of my hairdresser's family. He was a Mother's Day gift to her. And one of the cutest things I have ever seen. He is a Maltese/Yorkie mix. Currently he is somewhere between 1-1/2 and 2 pounds. He probably will never weigh more than five pounds. But he has loads of spunk and heart. And perhaps a little slow on the uptake.

Whenever he was in trouble, he would come running to me. Just so that I could sell him out. Because I'm like that. You or me? Well you've got to go in a heartbeat. I won't even blink an eye thinking about it. I used to try to explain this phenomena to my students. They would say, "My friends have my back." You think? Just wait until you're in some serious trouble. "What? You mean if I talk first, I can skate on this? Let me tell you what happened..." It's all about self-preservation.

Then again perhaps my new friend will not come running to me the next time I'm in the shop. Maybe he will have learned that all so important lesson. Only trust folks as far as you can throw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment