Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Free drinks

While the SoCal ladies are off in France, I realized that I should continue on. There is no better way to let folks know that you are unattached than to go out -- a lot. That's what my weekend was like.

Saturday night I went to my fave place. The boy I kind of like wasn't there but I got to see the wonderful bartender. After not seeing him for almost two months, I have finally rated the hug and kiss greeting. And of course I got my usual free drink from him. I met one boy near the end of the evening, a grad student in computers or something. He raved on and on about how fabulous I am and then swore that he would call. We'll see about that.

Sunday evening I was sitting around bored and thought, "Hey, I should go out." Back to my usual place. Different bartender, another free drink. Ran into a guy who is a friend of a friend of the boy I just got rid of. He asked how the boy is doing and where he was. I explained that I really didn't know nor did I care. Exchanged phone numbers with one woman after we discovered that we like to read the same kind of stuff. Left the bar early enough to get up on time for work on Monday but then another bar called to me on the walk home. There used to be a really cute bartender at this place but I guess he is no longer there. That's ok. There were plenty of guys to buy me drinks. The last guy who offered me a drink actually owns the place. I can see lots of free drinks there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment