Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Library Time

On my way home from work, I decided to stop at the public library. I have to thank this woman I met on Sunday night for the inspiration. (Speaking of which, I should call her soon.) We discovered that we had similar interests in reading and so exchanged numbers. She recommended the Kathy Reichs books to me; I recommended the Patricia Cornwell books to her. So I went to the library with the intention of getting said Kathy Reichs books and all was good until I was ready to leave.

I ended up running into a friend who had gone through the credential program with me and her son. I recognized her but was a bit questionable about her son as his hair was much longer than I remembered. Later in the evening I heard her say to someone else, "I keep hearing, 'What a pretty girl!' and he hasn't caught a hint. I swear I was not the one saying it." Well, they talked me into re-entering the library. It seems that on the children's floor there was an art display of stuff from kids from local elementary schools. I didn't even think of taking pictures, but I will promise I will go back and take some. Her son's piece was one of the featured pieces. We stood around talking to parents of other kids, teachers, and librarians.

Then out of the blue this other woman came through. She had also been in the same credential program. It was like a mini-reunion. The three of us stood around and talked about what we saw as wrong in the school district we had all worked in together. (My friend with the son is the only one who still works there.)

I was tempted to go out tonight but after my fulfilling trip to the library, I was satisfied with hanging out with the cats. Of course, Friday is a holiday for me -- recognition of the Cesar Chavez holiday. That means that Thursday is definitely the start of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment