Friday, March 24, 2006

Single is good

I know I haven't been with the boy that long -- almost two months. Thank goodness it has only been two months. I spent the last couple of days in deep conversations about the boy. (Most of these conversations were with my good friend, Shrew.) Finally, one friend said, "Isn't this the same guy who did coke at a party recently?" That was the point when I knew that I was right in thinking the boy had to go. It was also around this time when I was finally able to put a finger on his annoying behavior. He reminds me of Spicoli.

I got home last night and quickly changed clothes because I had a second interview at this nearby restaurant. No, not as a waitress. I then had to buy cat food because B&N have come to expect canned food in the evening. Also yesterday was Natasha's birthday. She is now a year old. After feeding the cats, I checked my email and discovered that I have yet another interview scheduled on Saturday to teach next school year. When it rains, it pours. Then I heard from the boy. He was at my bar. MY BAR! I had to see him because once more he had left stuff at my apartment.

He started questioning me almost as soon as I got there. I kept trying to tell him that I didn't want to have the conversation with him there. Finally I did. I do remember making the Spicoli reference in talking to him as well. He thought he was more like Peter Pan. Whatever.

The really bad part is that he still needed to come back to my place with me to get his stuff after all of this. On the way there he started banging on doors of businesses and garbage cans and yelling at the homeless people. I quickly pulled out my cellphone and kept my finger poised over the key for one-touch dialing to the local police. Luckily I did not have to call the cops. When we got to my place, I let him sleep on the couch while I went to the bedroom with the cats. This morning I awoke him while I was getting ready to go to work and made sure that he collected everything that belongs to him.

So now I'm single again. I'd rather be single than to be with the wrong person though. And the Belgian is still writing. And my ex in Orange has finally gotten his life together and is single once more too. And there is the cute bar manager. And ... and ... and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment