Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Old patterns

One of these days I'm going to learn.

First there was Musician Boy. He had a job and a dream. He wasn't really sure what the dream was. It would change from week to week. And he never really had a plan. But there was the dream.

Then there was Retail Boy. He too has a job and a dream. And he admitted that his job will not lead to his dream. And that seems OK with him.

Now there is Unemployed Boy. He won't be around much longer. He says that eventually he will get another job. For now though, he is perfectly happy living off of his savings. He does use part of that savings taking me out to eat. This is a marked improvement over the other two. However, he has also taken to stopping by unannounced. He also seems to show up at a point when he has only one cigarette left in his pack. This means that he sits around smoking mine while trying to wrest the remote control out of my hands. Yesterday was a bad day for me. Cramps. Need I say more? And he kept bugging the crap out of me. I don't know if he realizes that I have now decided that he must go. Of course, when I put Natasha Bedingfield's "Single" in a loop and started singing along, I think that should have been a bit of a hint.

So now I am going to keep reminding myself that I am not allowed to date guys who are too close to me in age. They just end up annoying me.

On a happier note, I got an email from the Belgian yesterday. (Yes, he's still around.) He sent me photos of his lovely vacation in Egypt. Jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment