Monday, July 31, 2006

School's out!

Friday was the last day of summer school. Basically it was an all-day party. Therefore, it was only appropriate that I continue the party that evening.

I was supposed to be doing the happy hour scene with Jade and Emerald. Jade ended up being a no show because per usual she had childcare issues. I keep wondering if she's ever heard of a babysitter. So where do you go on a Friday if you are hip and have just gotten off work at Leap Frog, Pixar, or one of those other wonderful companies in Emeryville? Why, Kitty's of course. And Friday evenings Kitty herself mans the turntables.




The view from our booth.

Of course, one of our favorite things about Kitty's is this lovely creation.


Persephone's Bees

Eventually Emerald had to head home to her husband and son. Just as well. It was about time for me to head to Beckett's to meet Grasshopper.

I arrived before Grasshopper did. Nothing new there. I ended up chatting with a group of guys -- two from San Francisco and their friend who was visiting from Boulder. They kept trying to convince me that I should go to San Francisco with them, especially after I did a fairly decent pirate's, "Yar."

Shortly after they left, Grasshopper showed. Then her latest guy showed up. I don't think we'll be seeing him again because I don't think that he can really hang. Well, maybe he could but he just didn't seem to get with the program.


Kinsella -- one of our fave bands.

We lost the new guy sometime after the band started playing. Or maybe it was the four Irish guys who started talking to me and Grasshopper that caused him to suddenly disappear. Yet more men trying to convince us to go to San Francisco. We told them that they'd be back to Berkeley and we'd see them then.

Around this time Grasshopper received a text message. (I may have to keep a scorecard soon to keep up with guys.) I was kind enough to give her a ride. That's when I realized that I was hungry. At 1 a.m. that can only mean one place -- Nation's. Besides I like to torture the cats periodically with the sight and smell of a 3/4 pound cheeseburger. With fries and a shake, of course.

Grasshopper and I agreed that Saturday needed to be mellow. For me that meant lazing around with remote control in hand -- after I woke up at 3 p.m.

Now I'm down to working part-time at the University. And I have money thanks to the school district. I feel some more partying coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment