Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Overlapping seasons

I am not ready to declare the end of my birthday season quite yet but there are other birthdays happening now. Why earlier this week I received a giftcard for Macy's from one of my aunts in Virginia. (She is also a strong supporter of the birthday season concept. As her birthday is at the end of November, she typically celebrates up to Christmas Day.) This reminded me that I still had my giftcard for Banana Republic from Jade. I think I will have to go on a shopping excursion into San Francisco soon -- the only place that I can think of in which the two stores are in close proximity of each other.

This past Sunday was my fave bartender's birthday. He doesn't work on Sundays though. Grasshopper and I had meant to go out on Saturday to wish him a happy birthday but the heat was unbearable. Also, Grasshopper was in desperate need to do laundry. Therefore, we're heading out tonight to extend belated greetings. I think I may have to head back to Andronico's as well. We asked him last Friday about his favorite cake flavor. The plan was that we were going to bake one. It's cooler now -- in the 80's -- but baking still is not going to happen. There are perfectly decent cakes in Andronico's bakery.

Tomorrow is the huge day though -- Grasshopper's birthday. She has told all the guys whom she knows that they can meet up with us at our usual spot. We will probably sit at the end of the bar like we usually do. Hmmmm. They really should put nameplates on the bar stools for us at this point. Years ago a family friend had her name on a table at Star's. Just sayin'... Since she is the birthday girl, I figure that she will be the queen and I will be the lady-in-waiting.

The challenge for today is to get a present for Grasshopper. All I know is that it has to be fabulous. Oh! I know now. I'd say but Grasshopper occasionally reads this blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise. (Yes, I trust her enough that I actually let her read this stuff.) Shopping is so much fun.

I'm feeling pretty rested but I'm starting to think that I might just have to take a nap this afternoon. The way I see it, I have three nights of heading out on the ever so close horizon at this point. And Gloria and David, yes, I will take pictures -- if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment