Monday, March 19, 2007

Best-laid plans

No, I did not go out on St. Patty's Day. I toyed with the idea, but then decided that I'd be doing a public service if I stayed in. I was feeling a bit worn down and hormonal. Now imagine if I had added alcohol and a bunch of drunken idiots to the mix. It would not have been pretty -- for them. Because they would have irritated the hell out of me and then I would have had to get brutally honest. I may have even been tempted to revert to the old days of, "Hey! You just stomped on my foot and didn't even attempt an apology. I have no choice but to check you with my bony elbow -- hard." Or maybe a good bitch-slap. I haven't bitch-slapped anyone in a long time. Not that I haven't been tempted. And then things would have gotten to the point during which I would have had to have the offending person permanently banned from the bar. I've done it for less. That's right. Irritate me in my fave bar and you will find yourself persona non grata the next time you try to enter the place. Because that's the kind of mood I was in on Saturday. Especially after some of the crap I have heard over the last week. Just some really fucking irritating people out there. So I stayed in with lumpia, limeade, and free HBO. (And maybe this whole bitch-slapping thing is a result of repeatedly watching Wanda Sykes on Saturday.) And for once Boris realized that I was possibly homicidal and actually behaved.

Sunday I wasn't quite so homicidal. More of an assault kind of mood. Which is just fine for riding BART into SF. Because the freaks always want to sit near me. But then I'm not really a morning person so I drove instead. Why the trip to SF? To have brunch with Buzzgirl, Neil, and Sophia. That's right. I got to meet Sophia. Eat your hearts out.

After touring around the City a bit, it was time for me to head across the Bay because I had my tutoring thing to do. And by this point in the month, I can always use a little extra cash. The rest of the evening? Hanging out. Because I had work to do and really didn't feel like doing it.

And today? Procrastinating some more. Because I really don't feel like going to work today. I'd love to just stay in bed. Thank goodness spring break isn't that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment