Sunday, March 25, 2007

Commitments

Yesterday was a day filled with things I had previously said that I would do. I did not do all of them which is unusual for me. If I say I'm going to be somewhere, then I show up. OK. So sometimes it's fashionably late but I still show.

The first commitment was a workshop. It took all of my energy to drag my butt out of bed at 8 a.m. It seems to me that one should still be asleep at that hour on a Saturday. The workshop was really good though. I left there feeling somewhat energized for work on Monday.

On the drive home, I spoke with my aunt in Savannah. She made me exclaim, "I so hate you." Why? Because on Friday night while she was out, she met Wanda Sykes. And when I was talking to my aunt, she was on her say out to see Wanda's show. Like I said, hate her.

The next thing I had said that I would attend was a party. I came home for a nap. When I woke up, it was 10 p.m. So much for the party. Sorry. If I had been thinking clearly, I should have declined in the first place. I'm usually pretty drained after these workshops and have yet to make it out to anything in the evening after one, now that I think about it.

Oh, and here's an example of one of the things that made me laugh on Friday.

One of the boys was busy spinning the globe. I don't know why but they seem to like this. He stopped the globe with his index finger and turned to me to announce, "You will get married in France."

"France is nice."

Then he started spinning the globe again. "Let's see where your next marriage will be."

"The next one? What happened to the first one? Did he die? Was there a divorce?"

"Divorce."

*sigh* It's great to see that the kids have such faith.

And today? Well, I'm starting my day with laundry. Natasha is probably disappointed since she likes to sleep in the laundry basket. Then it's probably off to a samba class this afternoon. My tutoring session has been canceled due to a birthday party. And maybe I'll actually cook something. Yep, that's me. All wild and crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment