Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A late start

Monday's roast did not hit the oven until about 7:30 p.m. or so. And by then I was busy with phone calls so I did not get a chance to try out one of the other recipes I had found.

The highlight of Tuesday was heading to one of my favorite places, Berkeley Bowl, because it's a lot more sane there in the middle of the day on weekdays. Because I was on a quest for a certain ingredient. Not for what follows but something for later in the week.

My favorite foods are Indian, Mediterranean, and Vietnamese. One day I'll make an attempt at making Vietnamese but for now I'll content myself with going out. After doing Indian for a couple of weeks, it's obviously time to concentrate on the Mediterranean. By Mediterranean, I mean food from any of the countries that border upon the Mediterranean. And so today we have this dish.


Zucchini patties with yogurt.


At first I thought that I would have to make due with Russian yogurt but then I realized that I should probably be able to get Greek yogurt at Berkeley Bowl. They did, indeed, have it. But that wasn't my main reason for going there yesterday. You'll see later in the week, like I said before. Sheesh.



I did allow myself one impulse purchase though. Notice how everyone wants to get in on the act. As if I'd share with them.


And now? Well, I'm heading back to the kitchen. There's more food waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment