Monday, April 7, 2008

Being lazy made me highly irritated

As you all know, I made up a wish list about a month or so ago. A number of the items on the list were electronics. Last week I decided to purchase a couple of said items.

You would have thought that I had learned after my first purchase last Tuesday. I placed the order online to be picked up at the store closest to where I live. I placed the order around 1:00 PM and went to the store around 6:00 PM to pick up the item. After waiting in line, I discovered that the item had not even been pulled yet. Excuse me? Does not the site say "24 minutes"? I guess that's only if they really feel like it. I placed the order online so that I wouldn't have to spend time in the store standing around, waiting for the item to be pulled from inventory. I received an email later in the week asking me to rate my experience. I let them know that I was not pleased.

Saturday I decided to be lazy once more and placed an order for another item. The item had been pulled this time but the salesperson? Surly and rude. As soon as I left the store, I called their customer service line to tell them that I was once more displeased. The person to whom I spoke explained that there was no one in the department that handled such matters at the time and that someone would get back to me. I am still waiting for that response.

I did receive a response to my survey answers today though. Basically I was told that I needed to claim the $24 gift card at the time of my initial pickup. What I really loved was how they closed the email with, "We hope this information was helpful." Ummm. Nope. Not really. Because at this point, I don't think that I will shop at Circuit City anymore since I expect a bit more in customer service. And because I don't like the return policy at their main competitor around here, I think this means that I will do my electronics shopping from online vendors in the future. Because at this point both Circuit City and Best Buy suck in my mind.

Update: They are now mailing a $24 gift card to my home. Guess I have to find something else to buy. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment