Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thank you, Lisa.


So Lisa gave me this what feels like an eternity ago and now I'm finally responding. Probably because shortly after Lisa announced that I was one of her award recipients, she announced that she had cancer once more. And I was floored. So much so that I could not even write a comment. Lisa, please know that my thoughts have been with you this whole time. I just can't hear the c-word anymore right now. Hearing it makes me shut down because then I'm reminded about all that is going on around me presently. Because yeah, my aunt is still going through chemo more than a year after the last recurrence of her ovarian cancer. She's almost at six years now of battling this disease. That ovarian cancer is a bitch. And then there's my stepmother who probably will not see the end of this year.

And now the rules ...

• Give credit to the originator of the Excellent Blog Awards: Kayla at Project Mommy
• Give the award to at least 10 Bloggers

So here's my list.

Zombie Mom because she's how I found Lisa in the first place.

Hilly because we all need some snark in our lives. And when I grow up, I want to be kind of like her.

Jill because she is obviously my sister from another mother.

Neil because I still like him despite his new hair cut.

Nat because she makes me rethink the living in a place in which it snows.

Heather because she often reminds me of myself ten to fifteen years ago.

Stacy because I love her photography.

Fluffycat because I love reading about her dating adventures. But lately there hasn't been much dating going on. Hmmmm.

Cookiecrumb because she is just too cool for words. I really want to be her when I grow up.

Lisa B because maybe I really want to be her when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment