Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Second time around

I take inspiration from Nat. It kind of bothered me that some of the titles from that previous post were never guessed so know I'm reposting with some hints a la Nat. I hate leaving things undone.

3. "Insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops."
Hint: 1944. Comedy based upon a Broadway play. Sexy leading man.
Arsenic and Old Lace guessed by David.

5. "I would like a nice, powerful, mind-altering substance. Preferably one that will make my unborn children grow gills."
Hint: 1995. Comedy starring one of the queens of indie film.

6. "How do you tell a child that she was born to be hurt?"
Hint: 1959. Definitely drama. I still have to grab a box of tissue to view this one.
Imitation of Life guessed by Buzzgirl

11. "The whole point of having an answering service is to call them once in a while and see if you've got any messages."
Hint: 1971. Thriller with one of the most badass actors ever.

12. "In my hunt for food I had become the hunted. This time I survived, but I was no longer alone in my universe. I had an enemy, the most terrifying ever beheld by human eyes."
Hint: 1957. Sci-fi. Well, actually Cold War hysteria disguised as sci-fi.

15. "The entire British empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken."
Hint: 1998. Comedy/Thriller containing quite a bit of male hotness. Well, at least in my opinion. And some subtitles.

So come on now. Let's wrap this up once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment