Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Chaos rules!

Today shortly after I got to work, my boss called me into her office along with my counterpart. They told me to take a seat. My boss then asked my counterpart who should tell me the news. Of course my first thought was, "I'm fired," but I knew this was ridiculous because I kick ass at my job. And besides, if I was being fired, my counterpart would not have been in the office. The news was that my counterpart had given notice. The 30th will be his last day. He just started the last week of April. I have been patiently waiting for him to get up to speed because I have been doing the work of two people since March 1. My reaction was to say, "I have gotten used to change. I have been through so many reorganizations, layoffs, and whatnot that I think I will be more worried when things are stable." I know. It's a sad thing when chaos becomes the accepted norm.

I have also been adjusting life with Natasha, or as I sometimes address her "el pinche gato." (I only say this when she is trying to climb up my leg and is biting me simultaneously.)

At least I have my birthday to look forward to. (It's next week in case you were wondering.) Since I was told that I have the beginnings of a party, I figured that I should just throw one. If I remember correctly, the text of the Evite said that I was celebrating getting one year closer to death. Next year will be a big one. *sigh* (I'll let you figure out what that may be.) The sad thing, or maybe it's a good thing, is that I can pass for at least 10 years younger than my actual age.

Gotta run. Natasha has stopped trying to help me type and is making no noise. I am worried about what she is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment