Friday, June 3, 2005

Just keep thinking about the chair



I had all these wonderful intentions today. I was going to go to the public library. (I needed to return three books and pick up two that they were holding for me.) I was then going to head to the school to check on the time for the promotion ceremony. After that it was off to Ikea to pick up chairs. I was to finish it all off with a trip to my mom's house to make sure everything is ok there. I was also going to do some laundry and wash my car while there.

How much of this did I actually accomplish? I went to the library. Of course on my way to the library, Ross Dress for Less beckoned to me. I should not have gone in. The Berkeley Ross always has interesting things in their housewares department. I saw this lovely Pfaltzgraff dinnerware. (I'm not sure if this is the right pattern. I can't believe that I didn't write down the pattern. I know it was something similar to this though.) There were also this cute set of dessert plates. Also calling to me was an 11" Farberware frying pan. I think the only reason why I didn't buy anything was the realization that I would have to walk 5-6 blocks carrying my purchases. That and the fact that the "extra" money I had was to pay for the chairs at Ikea.

As soon as I buy those chairs though, I'm heading back to Ross. OK. So they haven't closed yet and the dessert plates were only something like $6.99 ... so much less than the cute set I saw at the antique shop next to where I work.

1 comment:

  1. how country-quaint--the dishes. ross has kitchenware? i'm going to have to head there some upcoming weekend. i want a stainless steel pan...

    ReplyDelete