Friday, January 13, 2006

Bad to the bone

So I've been tagged so I guess I should get it all out of the way.

1. I am a slob at heart. I like to think of it as organized clutter as I know precisely where everything is. If there is any doubt, check this out. The first time this guy who I dated years ago (OK. So maybe it really wasn't dating but it went on for years.) was at my apartment he promptly started washing dishes. He then offered to come back on a later date to clean the rest of place. That's when I knew I was in love. That and the fact that he was a firefighter. Huh. It just dawned on me that I had my own Jeeves. Somehow I lost track of him a couple of years ago and that greatly saddens me.

2. Related to the slob thing is that somedays I do not have the energy to scoop the litterboxes. I do scoop at least every other day though. There are limits.

3. Sometimes I cut people off when they are talking. Usually this happens to relatives and boys in bars. Some of my relatives complain that I am being rude. Of course these are the same folks who are always looking for things I do wrong. The more tolerant ones say that they understand that my brain works at higher speeds than theirs do. Bottom line is get to the point already and I won't have to interrupt. I am just trying to stop my eyes from glazing over.

4. Oh yeah. How can I forget? I smoke. On stressful days it can be a pack a day. Oh and their Camels -- but at least they have filters so shut up already. It also used to be an effective ploy of getting rid of annoying boys in bars but then they banned smoking in bars. Now it's a way to meet cute boys while standing outside of bars in the rain.

5. I can be painfully sarcastic. I had a boss who once told me that he appreciated my sarcasm because it showed that I was intelligent. He then asked me to ease off of some of my co-workers and to try to channel my intelligence more positively. I wanted to tell him what he could kiss but then I thought better of it. Now I try to keep the sarcasm out of the workplace but every now and then it creeps in. I now usually save it for those who have as acerbic a tongue as mine. By the way Gloria, I recognized what I assume to be sarcasm in your tag.

So guess it's time for me to do some tagging. Flare, you're it.

Oh and a parting photo.



The whole time I have been writing I have had to suffer through listening to Boris howling. This is the third time this week the little bugger has gotten himself stuck back there. Oh, but the difference is he has now gotten himself out just as I was typing the words about him being stuck.



This is the aftermath. Obviously he has yet to learn how anal I am about my CD's. That and now I have to clean. Read number one, damnit. Thanks. Oh, and does anyone want a kitten?

No comments:

Post a Comment