Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Boys are irritating

So I am still living in that limbo of underemployment. Those lovely folks in HR acknowledged yesterday that they did have my paperwork but they have been terribly busy. When I left yesterday, I was given the assurance that I would hear from someone within 24 hours. I'm still waiting.

Now I say underemployment because I am actually still a part-time employee at my former job. They did have to pay out my accrued vacation (almost two weeks) when I changed my status so maybe I should just say I am on vacation.

Yesterday I went to Sack of Tomatoes to help out my dad at his office. I forgot to look through the wine stash but I will probably be heading back up there later this week. On the way home, I thought of stopping at T-Rex to pick up some dinner but then figured I might have to wait. It was 7 p.m. and I hadn't eaten all day long. That was not a good idea. Of course, maybe the next time Gloria makes it up this way, I can talk her into joining me there. I simply must check the place out one of these days.

Today I figured that I should be productive while waiting to hear from those HR people. First order of business was laundry. At least I didn't have to go to the bank to get a roll of quarters. (Thank you nice cashier at Petsmart last night.) That meant I could sleep in until the late hour of 8. There was a slight hitch. I remembered that I was low on detergent. That meant a trip to Andronico's. Now since this is a semi-vacation, I decided that I deserved the crack of cheese. Oh, and how could I resist the blood oranges? And then they had the nerve to have lamb rib chops on sale. I ended up with three bags of groceries -- one bag too many as I was walking. But I needed the exercise. After all, I have spent the last year and a half in an office sitting on my butt. (Yes, I could have driven the five blocks but I managed to acquire a primo parking space in front of my building. Makes me not want to go into work this afternoon. I guess I could take BART but that might lead to a whole other post. I'll have to think about it.)

So I finally make it home with the groceries and sore arms when I see one of my neighbors coming up from the basement. He had beat me to the one machine. (Yes, twelve apartments and only one friggin' machine.) I briefly thought of loading all the laundry into the car and heading to the laundromat. There was that whole primo parking thing again though. Also I am not a fan of laundromats. I took a peek to see how much stuff he had. By my calculations, I should have had enough time to do one load before heading to work. That was not the case though. By the time his second load should have been in the dryer, it was still in the washer. By my calculations the dryer had stopped at least 30 minutes before. Where was the slacker? If I had known which apartment he was in, I would have gone to inquire. So no laundry done. I had to content myself with cleaning litter boxes instead.

Oh, and since I still haven't heard from the folks in HR, maybe I should just head out again tonight. I mean I was good and stayed in yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment