Saturday, January 28, 2006

Laying low

So it looks like the whole job thing is going to work out. The biggest challenge is that the union has been threatening a strike. Therefore, most of the folks in HR have been offsite trying to recruit emergency teachers in the event of a strike. This also means that they have been ignoring the paperwork that is already on their desks.

I spent yesterday watching daytime TV and napping with the kittens. I kept trying to move but they kept saying, "C'mon. What's another hour or two?"

Today? Well, I guess I should do some more cleaning around the apartment. It looks like one of my best friends may be coming into town next weekend for Gertrude's birthday party. It's usually a wild time when we're all together. I am also anxious to see her ring. (She just got engaged on Christmas.) We will, of course, also have to discuss the wedding plans in depth. I have learned over the years that it really doesn't matter if I get married as long as friends and family let me help them plan their weddings.

So I'm debating about whether I should head out tonight. I know, I know. Whenever I say this, I end up going out. This time might be different though. Then again I do now have all these clean clothes. Why I could even wear something other than the magical jeans. On the other hand, there is all this wonderful food in the fridge just begging to be consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment