Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Pickled liver

So of course I did more than drive around San Francisco taking photos for the previous and futures posts. I ended my tour of San Francisco in North Beach with a few drinks. Then it was home to feed the kittens. Next stop was my real parents's house. I realized that the last few years I had missed my requisite black eyed peas and collard greens. No wonder things didn't quite work out. Dinner there also meant my choice of wine.

On my way home I decided the night was young so I may as well stop at the bar. It was the same bartender as on Thursday night and he had only improved slightly. I did end up meeting these two guys -- one works for a travel publication, the other -- well, I don't know what he does but he had that cute Aussie accent. At the end of the evening, they rightfully declared that I was in no condition to drive my car the seven blocks home. I left my car at the metered space. Thank goodness yesterday was a holiday so no meter enforcement. I then walked home with a guy on either side of me. What a great way to start the year!


Natasha insisted that I take her photo before I headed out on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment