Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back in action

In my efforts to prove that I really am at least a semipro, I headed out last night to Triple Rock. My main inspiration was the lack of red wine in my home. I know that what I spent at the end of the evening could have bought a few bottles at Trader Joe's but that would have involved driving. Ever since gas prices started climbing, I have not been as enamoured with my car as I have been in the past.

Before I headed out, I worked on my cardigan and cooked dinner -- roasted chicken. Mmmmm.


Knitting progress as of the end of last week

Since I was heading somewhere lowkey on a Monday night, I thought that it would be best that I take some reading material with me. Luckily I had checked Gloria's current reading list before leaving work. On my way home, I stopped at the public library and picked up Bet Me and The Lincoln Lawyer. Bet Me won out as the read for the evening. Now my plan involved sitting at a table but the tables were full so I was forced to sit at the bar. The group of guys sitting next to me at the bar instantly made me think of Laurie. They were goodlooking and looked like they could haul dirt. They also had an appreciation for beer. The bartender asked if my friend would be joining me. He meant the musician. I quickly informed him that the musician was past tense. His reaction? "Congratulations." I love a man who works hard for his tip. There was a great deal of testosterone flowing in the place because they had the NBA playoffs on big screen. Before I left, I did a little estate planning for my mom with the attorney who had sat down next to me. (Stop thinking those thoughts. I did not hire a hitman.)

I'm starting to feel like myself again. So much so that I think I might just need to head out on Wednesday night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment