Friday, May 26, 2006

Hodgepodge

Let me get this out of the way first. Jolene was kind enough to tag me.

Name 5 things in your refrigerator
1. Leeks
2. Lemon curd
3. Couscous with pinenuts and parmesan
4. Four different kinds of mustard
5. Bratwurst

Name 5 things in your closet
1. Quilt I started years ago and still haven't finished
2. Yarn - to keep it safe from cats
3. Boxes of books
4. Portable radio
5. Leather pants

Name 5 things in your purse
1. Lancome lipstick
2. House keys
3. Driver's license
4. Receipt from bar
5. Green mini bic lighter

This time around I think I will tag Jenna, Silly, and Jennifer.

I passed by this house the other day. I wish I had the money. *sigh*

Yesterday I had a fantastic lunch. I House does a barbeque every other week in their dining hall. Tasty and only costs $6.75. Did I mention that it is all you can eat as well? I think I know what will be a regular part of my summer.

I let the inner Holly win out and contacted the guy who is trying to convince me that golf is a real sport. I think it was his name too. He has a golf tournament this weekend so I will probably meet him sometime next week.

I am also dogsitting this weekend. I received a frantic call from a friend yesterday afternoon. I hadn't talked to her in about a week and a half. Apparently her mother passed away last weekend so she has inherited her mother's dog. Now she has two dogs. My friend always goes out of town Memorial Day weekend with her husband and son. They had hired a woman to dogsit for them. The woman chose to have a nervous breakdown shortly after they left. By the time she called, the poor dogs had been locked in the garage for the whole day. I would have done it for her anyway but then she offered money. I am a little short on next month's rent and was debating when I was going to call my dad to hit him up for a loan. It looks like I won't have to do it because what she offered is about the same amount I was planning to ask my dad for. Funny how things sometimes work out. After I fed the dogs last night, I sat in the backyard (How I miss having a yard.) smoking a cig and sipping on the merlot I found in the cabinet. My friend said that I could help myself to the wine and Scotch. My friend has also said that it is OK if I throw a party at the house. Hmmmm...

Think that about covers it. I am just feeling exceptionally Holly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment