Friday, July 28, 2006

Grasshopper-palooza

I can already see that this is going to be a very long weekend. Wednesday night Grasshopper and I headed out to bring a birthday cake to our fave bartender. He appreciated it. Well, I assume he did since he only charged us for a total of two drinks that night.

And then there was yesterday -- Grasshopper's birthday.



I took a photo of this place for the neighborhood post but I decided to get a little closer. Grasshopper is always commenting on the nice smelling stuff I have at my place. I decided that she deserved some nice smelling stuff of her own.

Grasshopper had told the various guys she knows that we would be at the bar 8-ish. We got there around 9. For a change, she looked like Patsy while I looked Eddy. Sorry Gloria and David. No pictures. I did think about it but no one wanted pictures taken. The place is so dark I would have had to use a flash, making it completely obvious.

The guys slowly started trickling in. And then the band showed up. One of our fave bands. The best part is when our fave bartender showed up. He doesn't work on Thursdays but he specifically showed up because it was Grasshopper's birthday. The good part for me was that Travel Writer showed up. He said that he would get in touch with me about going out sometime next week. Woohoo! Oh, and his birthday is next month. I don't think the party is ever going to stop.

Right now I want to slip into a coma. Because yesterday and today? I had to be at work at 8 a.m. With little kids. Do you know how tiring that is? Besides I have to rest up for tonight. First it's happy hour with Emerald and then it's off to the usual place to meet up with Grasshopper. The same band is playing tonight -- and tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment