Sunday, September 18, 2005

The best laid plans

So there it was -- Saturday morning and I was looking forward to my girls night out. When I called on Friday to confirm my appointment, I had been told that the stylist would be one hour later than my original appointment time. This was no problem. I arrived at the shop on time for my new appointment time. Alas, no stylist present. It took another half hour to show up.

Now all of this would be fine if I was going out with anyone but Jade. Ever since she had the two kids, she likes to go out rather early. Our plan was to meet at 7:30. Eventually I called her to say that it was looking like it would be more like 8:30. This was too late for her and so we postponed for next weekend. I see it is now time to officially strip her of her membership in the Partygirl Union. I told the stylist this after hanging up the phone. We agreed. No self-respecting person goes out on a Saturday night before 9 p.m.

I would have gone out on my own when I got home, but decided I really should stay in as I had been up for over 24 hours. I got home and had a Thai noodle salad from Trader Joe's with a glass of wine. I then promptly entered a coma. Now I'm fully refreshed and itching for something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment