Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tea and wine

That is what my weekend was filled with. Perhaps there should have been more of the first than the second.

It all started when I was at work on Friday. I was so tired and didn't have any tea at work. I went outside to walk around and to have a cigarette. I ran into one of the women from the shop next to my job. They carry mostly antiques. She too was having a cigarette. (I have always found it interesting how smoking can be a starting point for friendship.) When I mentioned my lack of caffeine, she ran into the shop and presented me with a tin.





Look at how pretty they look. It just didn't seem right to open it. It also didn't seem right that there were two sachets in there for a total cost of $4.50. I had to open the tin because this was obviously the best tea around. I don't know if I would say it was the best but it was pretty tasty.

I had to work on Saturday too. I went straight from work to my "real parents's" home so that I could catch a ride with them to Sack of tomatoes. The occasion was my stepmother's birthday. Here's where the wine comes in. As part of the festivities, my dad had his buddy from Vision Cellars there. Gloria would love the diamonds that Mac's wife was trying to blind us with. Needless to say I had quite a bit of the 2002 Pinot Noir. So much so that I just could not motivate today to head out to the Solano Stroll. Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment