Friday, September 23, 2005

Day of the Living Dead

Yesterday was my worst day at work ever. The place where I work used to be owned by a franchisee. Corporate took over at the beginning of July. That has meant a number of changes. The last major change is the conversion of one of our main databases to another software.

The conversion was supposed to take place next week, or so I had been told. My boss had received an email about the conversion but had been unable to open any of the attachments that gave all of the details. She wasn't too worried because the conversion was taking place next week. Somehow she found out around 6 p.m. last night that the change would be happening over night. That meant that all data needed to be cleaned up before we left for the night as the new software would not allow us to make any of these changes. We had barely started on making these corrections and I still had two parent conferences scheduled for the evening. We worked steadily and finished sometime around 11:30 last night. I then drove 30 minutes to get home.

Today I had to open. That means that I needed to be here at 9. It was probably more like 9:10 or so when I arrived. I feel like a complete zombie. The bad part is that I have to be in tomorrow as well. I am foreseeing some good coma sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment